Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Crib at my home - Where are the Carols?


Ever since my childhood, we are making cribs at our varapuzha home during every christmas, except the one before last, when we were mourning the death of my Father. When I was a very small boy, my elder sisters used to make the crib. Then Me and my younger sister took over from them. There was a period when none except my parents were living here. Depite their old age, they also did not discontinue the practice. This time the major role in crib making was taken over by my daughter and my wife. Kalangal marunnu, Kolangal marunnu...that is the only difference. Hope this practice will continue forever. We are very upset with poor quality of the Christmas Carols. Most of them are abusing the underlying theme of Christmas itself. There are no official Carols here. A goup of people come together and sing snippets of some carol songs just for making some money, with total disrespect for the spiritual element and the dedication required. This is something we are missing at Kochi, when compared to Bangalore. It may be my lack of knowledge about this place. If some one can let me know about religious places, where we can enjoy a good english Christmas Carol, it will be of great help.

No comments: